One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yes, I'm one of THOSE people

Alright...I always used to make fun of those ladies at the grocery store with 900 coupons, but I must admit...I am now one of THOSE people!!! Coupons rock my world!  I've recently developed a very serious relationship with  them...no joke!  Ever since I had Carter, I've realized just how expensive being a mom is.  Most of you that read my blog are moms and you know that once you get pregnant, you start getting a million coupons in the mail for diapers, formula, baby food, etc.  I never thought I'd use any of them but then I decided, "Seriously, if I can save even 2 dollars on a 20 dollar box of diapers, that's something, right?"  So I started using coupons on diapers and milk storage bags (one comes in every box of nursing pads).  That turned into me using them on wipes, food, produce and anything else I could get my hands on.  Then, I found something that made my entire life...
 It's a group on Facebook that I'd never heard of before but I guess the person that runs it is from Utah.  There are always AMAZING deals on here daily.  The first week I followed their page, I got a free 8x10 collage from Wallgreens, 2 free 8x10 photos from RitzPics, a free baby kit from Beech Nut, a giant book filled with manufacture's coupons, and a coupon book that is supposed to help you decorate your home.  I think there was more but I honestly can't even remember.  I followed their page for a few weeks and then I discovered...
The Krazy Coupon Lady.  Another Facebook group.  Sometimes, they post the same things as Freebies 2 Deals, but I'm totally OK with that.  What one misses, the other catches so it's great.  Both sites post sales that stores are having and how you can get things for free.  Honestly, if I can be one of those crazy ladies with 900 coupons at the grocery store but only pay like 3 dollars for 50 dollars worth of stuff, I'll freaking do it!  Since I've been one of these crazy ladies, on top of the fore mentioned items, I've also gotten 3 Redbox rentals for a dollar, 2 adult movie tickets for 9 dollars, a free month's subscription to Netflix and more stuff I can't think of at the moment.  I also tried getting a free bottle of Baby Magic from Walgreens but they were all sold out when I got there...go figure.  They also had an awesome deal where you could get a Jumbo pack of Huggies for 5 bucks but they were all sold out too :(
OK, I've saved the best for last...
I'm seriously obsessed with this website!!!  It's a legit website where you use their search engine (powered by Google, so you know it's good), fill out super easy and short surveys, play games, take daily poll's etc, and get "Swag Bucks".  Once you earn more and more, you can trade your "bucks" in for prizes!  I'm going to try and save up for an iPod Touch.  The "price" for one is almost 23,000 Swag Bucks.  I've been doing it for 4 days and already have close to 1,800 bucks.  At this rate, I'll have my iPod Touch in no time at all :)  And in all actuality, it is completely FREE to me!  You can get all sorts of other awesome stuff like gift cards to Amazon, Lowe's, Expedia, PayPal, Microsoft (points for XBOX), Target, clothes, jewelry, electronics, kids items, posters...seriously, the sky is the limit on stuff you can get from them and it's all FREE!!!  Basically, all you are investing is your time.  Since I'm not in school right now, I have a bit of extra free time and I figure it's a worthy cause.  John thinks I break everything (I honestly have no idea why he thinks this ;)) so he won't buy me an iPod because he thinks I will break it so I'm going to get it myself :D  If you think this is a cool idea, I have a widget over there ---------->
or you can click on this link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jess776 and sign up and start earning your own Swag Bucks!  If anyone has any other cool sites that help save them money, feel free to share!  I'm open to anything, no joke!


2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to get "into" coupons...maybe someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the second one but I love the other two :)

    ReplyDelete