One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Blessed

I think it's been at least a year since I've posted a blog.  Mostly because I've been slaving away in school and haven't even had a spare moment to write about it.  I mostly wanted to post because I am so grateful.  I know that being born into the gospel is one of the greatest blessing that I could have ever been given.  Friday night, John, Carter and I went down to Temple Square with my wonderful sister, her husband, and their little boy Riley.  It was packed, cold, and I threw up in the car on the way down (yeah, I STILL get car sick).  When we got there, seeing the temple all lit up and beautiful made all the difference.  We got to watch the nativity and be reminded of the reason why we celebrate Christmas. 

On the way home,  John and I were talking.  It went something like this:
John:  I think you need to pick up some extra shifts this week if you can.
Me:  OK, I can probably do that.
John:  Yeah, my entire check is going to the house payment so it's on you to make money so we can get Christmas gifts.
Me:  OK, if I work most the week, I can probably make enough.

Something you need to know about my little family.  Each year, we try to find a family that is in need that we can help.  When I was young, my dad was out of work and I remember receiving beautiful Christmas gifts from people in the ward (anonymously).  That has stayed with me my entire life and now I try to pay it forward each year.  This year however, I wasn't sure how we were going to pay for our own gifts, let alone gifts for another family.  Driving home, I just kept saying to John, "I still want to try and get gifts for another family, somehow, some way, we will make it happen". 

Saturday morning, I was sitting on the couch working on my portfolio and John went out to take something to his sister.  When he got back, he said "Come here!!!"  I was busy working on my portfolio so I said, "Why?"  He said "JUST COME HERE!!"  So I walked over and he was holding three pieces of paper.  I looked down and he had three checks in his hand from Intermountain Healthcare.  We had overpaid on some medical bills...not just a little but $377.50 to be exact.  I looked at him and immediately burst into tears.  He said to me, "I hope those are tears of joy" and I just nodded my head yes.  I also came to find out that we had overpaid on some other medical bills and we had another $110 coming our way in reimbursements.

Heavenly Father had taken care of us.  I honestly do not even know what or how I had overpaid almost $500 in medical bills and not known it.  I don't think I need to know.  All I know for sure is that we will be able to help another family have a wonderful Christmas.  We will be able to buy gifts for our son and a few gifts for each other.  Heavenly Father really does make a way for us.  I will testify to that. 

      AND  




Love always, 

No comments:

Post a Comment