One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Sunday, July 24, 2011

DAY SHIFT!!! ACCEPTED!!!

For the first time in 3 years, John is going to be on day shift and I am THRILLED!!!  This means that he will be home at 3 every day and can play with me and Carter, eat dinner with us, and just enjoy all the things that we haven't been able to do in so long.  It seems like John has always worked swing because when we were first married, he had 2 different jobs where he was required to travel a lot so I didn't see him much then, either.  This will really be the first time since we've been married that we will be able to enjoy each others' company in the evenings!  I am so incredibly excited!  
Also, I GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE ELED PROGRAM!!  Yee Haw!  That was about a week ago but I haven't had a chance to share my good news on my blog just yet, so yeah!  John and my bestest friend and sister, Crystal, were both there when I opened my acceptance letter!  If only my mom were there, I would have had my 3 best friends there to share in my joy!  I am excited ecstatic to take on this new adventure, but also a little nervous terrified.  Level II starts this fall and my schedule is INTENSE!  I will be doing my practicum Tuesday through Thursday and will be in one of the schools from 8 AM-4PM.  Then when I'm not in the school, I will be in class up at USU.  It's going to be craziness but I'm super happy that things are finally rolling and I am one step closer to graduating and starting my dream job!  (aside from being a mom)
Keep checking back!  After this weekend, I'll be posting pictures from all our fun adventures this weekend!  Carter's first experience with fireworks, his first boating trip and HARRY POTTER!!  Woot!

Much Love,
Jess

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to him and your family! I can only imagine how much it would suck to not have him around at night! Happy to have found your blog :) new follower!

    ReplyDelete