One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oh boy...

I'm going to be completely honest...the only reason I'm posting to my blog is because it's one of my requirements for my Technology class haha.  It's really been...a while since I've posted.  It's not that I don't love blogging, because I do.  I just find myself so busy that the last thing I think is "Hmm...haven't posted to the blog today."  It's usually, "The house is finally clean and Carter is in bed, I could watch a movie but I'm just so tired."  The clock usually reads about 9:05 by this time ;)  Life has been pretty intense lately.



....This is my new best friend... His name is Shaun T.  He is the trainer on the Insanity workouts which I have been doing with 2 of my best girls, Shelley and Jordan.  They are in all my ELED classes with me and I love them both dearly.  Insanity is...well, the name says it all.  They are freaking crazy intervals of pushups, squats, running, jumping and every single combination of the above listed that you can imagine haha.  But really, I've only been doing it for a little over a week and I've already seen amazing results.  about 50 more days and I'm going to look like <-------him...only minus the boyness and plus some girlness ;)




I've been working quite a bit.  I like my job, most days.  I really can't complain...I make really good money for the amount of effort I put in...it's pretty easy and I love *MOST* the people I work with :)

I also got accepted into a scholarship program this semester called Reading in Motion.  I go into a Life Skills Kindergarten class twice a week and teach them reading skills through music.  It is a magical experience (as corny as that sounds).  They learn so much and I get so excited when they make breakthroughs.  I cannot wait to be a teacher and be able to implement all of the things I've learned into my own classroom!

Now for the update I'm sure everyone wants:  CARTER!!!  He is so incredibly great!  He is silly, funny, crazy, happy, loving, energetic, everything a mother could ask for.  He has been saying a lot more words lately...his newest being "Stop it" because I say it to him.  He even points his chubby little finger at me when he says it.  When I ask him if he's hungry, he tells me "Yes" or "Yeah".  So funny, he and John were watching me do one of my workouts the other day and I was doing uppercuts so John taught him to say "uppercut".  It was way funny.  Here I am, sweating my guts out, and I'm laughing because my 16 month old is saying "uppercut".  He loves to play with blocks, his toy elephant, his race track and his ball crawl balls, just to name a few.  He has a stuffed lamb that he sleeps with named Fifi.  He sucks on the tag attached to her bum and it makes me laugh.  I have no idea how it started or how long it will last but it's great.  Only 2 more months until the blissful moment when he goes to nursery :D  I am teaching the 7 year old class and John takes him to Sunday School and Priesthood with him (If his patience lasts that long).  He just always wants to run around and be crazy, which isn't really a church activity :)  Unfortunately, I don't have any really great pictures of him that are recent.  I have a hard time getting him to hold still long enough for the camera to focus ;)

I guess that's all for now.  Please don't expect another blog until either Spring Break or summer vacation haha.  That will be when I'm free from school ;)

As always, thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I must admit that once my kids hit about that 15-16 month mark I would spend more time in the hall then in class. The trick I learned is it is OK to take them to nursery as long as I stayed too. By doing this there was no tears when 18 months came along and they can go by themselves!

    ReplyDelete