One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Monday, January 31, 2011

All the "shingle" ladies

On Saturday, we started the shingles on our house.  Let's just say it was a VERY long day.  I never thought shingling would be such a tough job but it really kicked my bum...and I just handed the boys the shingles and they nailed them on the roof...whew!  ha ha.  My battle wounds include, 3 huge bruises on my legs, scratches on my arms and legs, a big raspberry on my left knee, and my hands are pretty torn up.  Our roof is about 3/4 of the way done and it looks really good so far!  Once the roof is complete, we will be moving inside where our gas is already installed and we won't freeze anymore!  Yahoo!  We're hoping to get our insulation today and drywall next week.  It's super exciting that things are really moving along now.  We're still hoping to move in by April, but May is OK with me if that's when we happen to finish....but no later than the first week ;)  While we were on the roof Saturday, I was getting pretty restless, so to make it more fun, I decided to make up songs or say funny things to lighten the mood...it's just in my nature, guys!  The songs I made up included "All the 'shingle' ladies", "Shing Shing A Ling" (to the tune of Chim Chim A Ney), and "Shing A Ling A Ling A Ding Dong Ding" (I'm pretty sure it's some variation of Jingle Bells).  It was a good day in the song making upping department for ol' Jessica ha ha.  The boys didn't think I was very funny though.  By that time, everyone just wanted to go home and they did not find my jokes funny in the slightest...at least I could make myself laugh ;)  Even though they wouldn't put up, even a giggle, for some of my best work (come on, all the "shingle" ladies???  Freaking funny)  they thought it was absolutely hilarious when I laid on my tummy on the plank to get off the ladder and had to have John pull me onto the roof because I was so scared....yeah, laugh it up, guys!  I'm glad we have such wonderful future neighbors to help us with all the work being done on our home.  A HUGE thanks goes out to Randy Hyer and Eric Perry for all their help on Saturday.  It would not have gotten NEAR as far without their help.  I will post pictures of the roof once it is finished!

3 comments:

  1. hey jessica! i'm lindsey, john's cousin, and ashley is my sister. I'm glad i found your blog! it looks like you're up to a lot these days! glad you are doing well. We're down south of you guys, so we'll have to get together some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! hahah! I can just picture you talking right in front of me when I read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you too, Madi! I try to make my posts as real as I can. I hate reading blogs where the people writing them sound all fake...if you're going to write a blog, might as well be written how you would tell it to someone ;) And Lindsey, we should definitely get together! I think we're doing a family reunion this year up here? Not positive but that's the word from what I've heard :)

    ReplyDelete