One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My big boy

I guess it's been quite sometime since I've posted.  Carter is seriously growing like crazy!  I just can't handle it.  He is 3 and a half months old and, get this, he rolled over for the first time tonight!!!  I freaked out.  I was doing laundry and he was just talking to me as always.  He was not feeling good earlier (throwing up, exploding diapers, the works) so I decided that laying him on his tummy might help.  Well, he didn't like it so what does he do?  Just flips right over like it's nothing.  Way to go Carter!!!  Mom was so proud of you.  I wish John could have been there to see it.  I feel like he misses a lot with his work schedule but I'm so grateful he has a job.  Also, Carter got a shnazzy new doooooo!  His hair was getting ridiculously long so I had to cut it.  Here are the before and after shots :)
 
 Seriously...he looks like a little sheep dog




Everyone kept asking me why I cut it..."he's too young" "It's not that long"....yadda yadda yadda.  Seriously people???  It was freaking long and it's not like I shaved him bald.  It's about as long as it was when he was born.  Really though, he looks more like a little boy now instead of my baby.  He tries to sit up on his own.  He is getting so strong.  I honestly can't believe all the things he does.  He also got blessed last Sunday (finally...).  I was so grateful to EVERYONE that was able to make it.  It really meant a lot to me.  We had a little issue with directions and my mom, sister, brother in law and my sisters in laws actually missed the blessing but don't worry, I'm not mad.  I actually felt bad because they all felt so bad that they missed it.  They got lost and couldn't find the church.  No bueno but it's all good.  Enjoy a few pictures from the blessing.  Sadly, I didn't get any of him in his outfit so we're going to have to take some and pretend it was the day he was actually blessed...pssh....who cares anyway?
 These are 4 of my very best friends!  Jerry, Russ, Luke and Zarin.  I was SO glad they could all make it :)

My cousin, Matt and his beautiful family:  Maddie, Debbie, Rendon, and Jaden.  So happy they could make it too.  All the way from Grantsville!

 It took 3 shots to get this decent one ha ha.  The one previous to this I am laughing because Jerry told me to not put my hands too low or something to that effect.  I love these guys ♥

 Crys and Riley and my mom and Boogie.  We had a lot of fun.  We had the luncheon at the school that I work at.  It worked out perfectly because everyone got to play basketball ;)

 My sister, Amber and her husband, Shane.  I was glad they were able to make it too :)

 My sister, Crystal's in-laws Shelly and Kevin.  They are just like family to me.  I love them both so so so so much!  

Another one that we had to take like 90 shots and this was still the best one we got.  I need that program where you can cut out bad things and fix them...anyone know what it's called?  ha ha.
John did a beautiful job.  He is super super scared of getting up in front of people but he gave the most beautiful blessing I have ever heard (even though he didn't have a microphone and my  nephew screamed through half of it).  I love him so much and I'm so glad he was willing to go outside his comfort zone to bless our wonderful baby :)


House Update:
We have SHEETROCK!!!  Our house actually looks like a house inside now.  I was surprised at how big the rooms actually are.  I was under the impression that they would look SMALLER once the sheetrock was up but they actually look bigger.  We are almost finished shingling the rest of the houses.  We have about 1 and a half left and then we will have no more work to do outside...I'm really looking forward to that day since the temperatures have been in the teens the past few nights.  Now that the sheetrock is up, we will be putting up trim, painting, doing floors and before you know it, we'll be moving in.  I'm so so so excited!  House warming party at my house when we move in ;)  (invites go out to the 2 people that actually read this thing ha ha)  I don't have any pictures of the sheetrock yet (I was going to get some tonight but didn't go out because of the sick baby) but I'll put up the most recent picture I have.

 Please excuse all the garbage in front.  This is the finished product once our shingles were done.  

Well...I'm just going to put up some more pictures of my studly little man because I can't get enough of him and I think he's stinkin' cute.  Enjoy ;)
 Old Navy had their Kid/Baby sale and I went a little crazy...but doesn't he look adorable???

 Huge blue eyes...

 ...and a charming smile.  I'm going to be beating the girls off with a stick ;)

 We went on a walk yesterday morning and it was freezing!  Hence the body suit...that he kept trying to eat...meh...

 Later that day.  "Naturally good looking just like dad".  Another Old Navy find.  5 bucks...who would pass that up, right?

What a freaking stud :D

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I love that cute striped shirt! My grandparents missed hudsons baby blessing too. So does that mean that I am invited to your house party? WAHOO!!! I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun pictures! congrats on the blessing!
    your house looks awesome, put some updated ones on asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad we didn't get to come the the blessing, but half of my family had the gombu and pneumonia and we didn't want to share our bugs...so...I think we should be invited to the house warming party since i'm the 3rd reader or your blog, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sher, you are most definitely invited to the house warming party! It's going to be so much fun! We missed you guys but I'm glad you didn't share your goodies with us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he is so cute and growing so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is a cutie!!!! And John did do an amazing job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete