One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Friday, February 18, 2011

New addition to my healthier diet

A while ago, I was reading my friend, Holly's, blog.  She blogged about green smoothies.  At first, I thought the idea was absurd and sounded absolutely disgusting.  Well, guess who had a green smoothie for breakfast?  ;)


Ok, I know it looks like baby poo in a cup, but it actually tasted super good!  Bonus:  it's EXTREMELY good for you!  Here's what I put in mine:


2 3/4 C. raw spinach
 1 1/2 C. water
2 Tbsp. flax oil (which is freaking expensive but way good for you)
1/4 tsp. Stevia
1 whole banana
1 C. frozen strawberries

The sky is the limit for what you can put in these things.  I was super nervous that it was going to be awful but it tasted really good AND it filled me up and I drank a 16 oz cup.  This recipe I used was half what is suggested and I had enough left over to have another glass for lunch :)

The information came from a lady from Utah who calls herself the "Green Smoothie Girl".  Her blog is greensmoothiegirl.com.  I also bought her book on Amazon for about 9 bucks plus shipping and I'm just waiting for it to come.


I plan on drinking 2 of these a day to help with my weight loss and just be overall, more healthy.  Side note:  there is only 1 health food store in the entire midst of Cache Valley...tragic.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Jess!! I'm so glad you like it! At first I was a little nervous about the how it would taste. It was good, but I wasn't sold. But then I actually felt the difference and it was GREAT! Keep it up. I'm trying to drink 2 a day :) Im also in the middle of reading the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, maybe gonna try it for my kids for breakfast, they LOVE the "Green Machine" drink that you can buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, I am having 2 a day. I've been sick so I haven't been able to feel the effects but I think once I get better, I will love it :) Ashley, I bet your kids would love it. It honestly tastes like a fruit smoothie. Just tell them it's green for St. Patty's day ;)

    ReplyDelete