One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Monday, September 20, 2010

Baby shower news!

So I had my baby shower at my mom's on Saturday and it was a total success! Everyone who came seemed to have a good time and the weather could not have been better! I got a lot of things that we still needed so I'm super thankful for that. We just need a couple more things before we are completely ready for this baby to be here...well, prepared physically ha ha. Who knows if we will EVER truly be 100% ready for him to get here...but that's life, right? Just take things one day at a time. I was so glad to be able to see all of my friends that I hadn't seen in way too long! It was so good to catch up and hear how everyone's lives are so different and great, all at the same time. We found out today that Tracy is having a little GIRL!!! We're super excited! I'm sure Devri and Carter will go on many dates when they are older ;) I was also thankful that a lot of the ladies from my mom's ward could come. I haven't seen them all in a while and it was nice to feel supported by the "family" I had growing up :)
Baby is getting SO big, I swear! John will be feeling him and just comment on how big he is! I hope that is ok...I guess we'll find out next Tuesday at our Ultrasound. I've been having about 3 or 4 contractions a day, which is normal for being almost 9 months pregnant! They're painful, but they say, the more you have during pregnancy, the more prepared you'll be for the real thing. I like to think I'm pretty tough, so hopefully I'll be alright :D Work's been getting a little more difficult each day trying to maneuver around this belly, but the kids think it's the greatest thing in the world and I can't go a day without getting asked "when is your baby going to get here?" I just love those kids so much! I'm going to miss them when I'm out with the new baby but it will be nice to have a break.
I will be going out Wednesday to work on the house for the first time. I'm a little nervous but John said all the families we are building with seem really nice and everyone seems like they'll be pretty competent when it comes to building (John is super anal and a big perfectionist when it comes to...well...EVERYTHING!) so things should be great. I'm a little scared to be this pregnant and go out. I feel like people are going to think I can't do anything...or worse, that I won't do anything. But that's just not me. I will try and help wherever I can and also try not to get in anyone's way (it'll be hard with this huge belly lol). All in all, I think it will be good for me. I'm going to be one tired girl, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment