One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our lot and my first day of work for the year :)



So that's it, our lot! Not much to look at right now, but you get the idea. That building behind the fence is Birch Creek Elementary, where Carter will go to school when he is old enough. We took this picture yesterday but my sister-in-law lives right near here and she said they paved our road today! Yahoo! We have a road in front of our house :D At 1:00 today, John and I went and signed a bunch of paperwork for our loan and will be closing on our house on September 15 at 1:30 PM!!! We are so so so so excited and so ready to get started building our new home!

I started work today...my 3rd year as an After School Club Aide at Wilson Elementary. I absolutely LOVE my job! Not many people can say that so I am very blessed. All the kids from past years were so excited to see me and my new belly. They all asked me if I was having a boy or a girl. (All the boys were SOOOOOOOO excited. They would all like me to name him after them :)) All the new kids kept asking me "are you pregnant?" (kids are so tactful at a young age) and I told them "yes" (thankfully, the answer wasn't "no, just fat"). The day went pretty smooth for the first day. We changed things around a bit this year but I really love the way they are doing it now. We are going to have teachers help us with homework each day which will make it so much easier. I will be working mostly with the 4th graders. It seems so strange to me that they were all 2nd graders when I started and they are almost the "rulers of the school" now. It almost makes me want to cry...almost. I love watching kids grow up and learn as they grow. I can't wait to get back to school and get my teaching degree so I can be a bigger part in that growth :D Well, I think that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment