One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Monday, September 27, 2010

John and Jessica Day :D

So yesterday, John and I decided that we just needed a day to be with each other and not worry about anything else. We decided to name it "John and Jessica Day". I think every couple should have these days every now and then. It was much needed and we both had such a great time. We've both been feeling a little stressed lately, what with baby Carter making his arrival in about 5 weeks, building a house and working...yeah, we're feeling it. We just needed a break. We began the day by having lunch together. Then we went for a drive...to nowhere in particular. Those are our favorite kind...the kind where you just drive and end up wherever the roads take you. We ended up on top of the hill in North Logan. There are some HUGE houses up there....like ridiculously huge. John and I only saw about 2 or 3 houses that had less than a 3 car garage...the most being 7!!! Why on earth would anyone need 7 garages???? But we decided in order to be able to live up there with less than 3 garages, you either have to have a pool or a home theater in your house...no exceptions ;) we're silly and I love it!
This is a GARAGE, people!!! I'm sure it's bigger than the house we are currently building and I'd guess it has a loft above it as well. We just had to take a picture of it...

...and THIS is the house it belongs to!!! John said "it has business doors!!!" ha ha. We were laughing. It's a beautiful house...just a little outrageous for my taste. But nothing compares to this one...

The picture definitely does not do it justice! It seriously looks like a ski lodge!!! We went and looked at it up close and it's just unreal how huge it is!!! Again, people are crazy! Unless you're the Duggars and you have 19 kids, this is completely unnecessary!

Anyhow, after our fun drive, we went to the park and played in the water for a bit
it was FREEZING, but fun. John liked throwing rocks at the skeeter bugs and making them jump in the water...boys. Ha ha!

John snapped this one of me...not too bad. There's no belly in it ha ha. And this is my favorite...


John doesn't usually let me get decent pictures of him so this is rare. I really like it though. Just lounging on the grass...being in love ♥ so cheesy lol.

After the park, we headed home. John decided to put the last coat of poly on the dresser that he is refurbishing for Carter. It is absolutely GORGEOUS and once we put the handles on, I will post a picture so everyone can see what a handy husband I have :D He's so excited that Carter will have something that his daddy made just for him and he will always know that. I think I'm going to go and exchange the handles though. I picked out some bronze, antique-ish looking ones but the color is really close to the stain. I think I'm going to go with a more Nickel color. We'll see...
After that, we decided to take our crazy dogs for a walk. This is something we like to do on Sundays but it's gotten increasingly harder for me to do it lately with being SO pregnant. Our dogs are not those dogs you see people walking that are all nice and walk right beside you....OH NO, they seem to think that it's a race and they need to hurry and get wherever we are going, which, eventually, is home. If they'd realize that, I think they'd enjoy the scenery a little more ha ha. So yeah, our dogs are "pullers". Mo recently broke his collar so we got him a choke chain...I know, we're so inhumane...whatever. But it seemed to really help. Once he realized he was going to choke himself if he pulled too much, he stopped and was pretty decent for the walk. I only had to have John take him for a couple minutes after we walked up a hill so I could catch my breath ha ha. Carter is getting pretty squished in there, which means my diaphragm is pretty squished as well. I get winded super easy! After our walk, it was getting dark and we decided to call it a night, cuddle up and watch a movie before we went to bed. Honestly, I just love my husband so much! I hope everyone will take my advice and take a day every once and a while to just be the two of you. It may seem silly but it will keep you in love and help you to remember the little things are the things that make every relationship great! ♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Awww very cute!! Those houses are just plain retarded. Serious. I mean, what kind of people live there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dentists and gynecologists lol! No doubt!

    ReplyDelete