One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Floor plans, closing and classes...OH MY!



Here's the house plan that we picked out! It's called the Parker and we really love it...aside from the screwy basement. But we can deal with it. The upstairs is so open, which is our favorite part...and the fact that the laundry room is right inside the garage, I LOVE that! We already have plans to finish the basement with our extra money we get after the house is built. John wants to put a nice big family room, small kitchenette, and 2 bedrooms. There will also be a small bathroom down there. The storage room is HUGE! I'm excited about that :) I'll have to do some gardening next summer....we'll see ha ha. The master bathroom is really big and has a nice big closet for all my (in John's words) crap, which I certainly have a lot of. The master bedroom has 2 closets which is absolutely perfect for us. I have so many clothes that I usually end up taking about 3/4 of the closet and John is left with a tiny space to hang up his shirts and church clothes ha ha. It'll be nice to have our own closets, which we also get to design, so that'll be great! We haven't decided which room we are going to put Carter in yet, but it will most likely be the room right across from ours. It has vaulted ceilings (kinda weird) and a really pretty arched window. The other room is bigger, but we figure it'll be better to have him right across the hall and have the office in the other bedroom (for now, until the basement gets finished, then it will probably go down there).
We close on the house TOMORROW!!!!! I seriously can't believe this is real! We are going to have our own home! I am actually becoming a grown up he he! I don't think it will feel real until we sign on the dotted line. Oh and of course once we start building it will feel real ha ha. When we're out in the freezing cold, putting on shingles...oh the joys. But it will be SO worth it!
We also have to take a series of building classes before we actually start. John is so savvy with all this stuff, I'm really not worried about him...it's me I worry about ha ha. He is going to be the "go-to" guy once we start...I just know it. I'm glad I'll get to be the "go-to" guy's wife, if nothing else ;) John has done so much construction on his parents house, he did siding for a living, and he is pretty much amazing at EVERYTHING he does so it should be super simple for him. The classes start tomorrow too. They will just be teaching us the basic skills that we need to know...i.e., how to read a tape measurer, what to do if you nail your thumb to a 2x4...ha ha, just kidding...I'm really not sure, but I guess we will soon find out. It should be informative, if nothing else...AND, once we are done, we can start building!
BABY UPDATE: He is moving all over the place!!!! I sometimes feel him rub his head along the inside of my belly...weirdest thing ever, but it's fun. At my last appointment, the doc told me he is still measuring big so I am scheduled to have another ultrasound on the 28th to see what's going on and they may possibly move up my due date...keep your fingers crossed for that one because I'd be thrilled! John is loving every second of the pregnancy. He loves feeling little Carter move and is getting so excited for him to get here. Every time we go to the store, he makes me buy diapers or wipes so that we're prepared. I just love him and can't wait to see him with our little boy. A couple weeks ago, we went down to my mom's for dinner and John got to hold my sister Crystal's little baby Riley. He just fed him and bounced him and was just so cute with him and I can't wait til it's OUR baby that he's cuddling and loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment