One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Saturday, September 25, 2010

First day of building

So today was our first official day of building. We weren't working on our house (don't worry, our lot is still bumpy with no hole dug or foundation poured) but another family in our group's. We were supposed to be there for 12 hours, but because of a mix-up with a generator, we were only able to be there for 8...darn ;) Technically, I only worked for 5 hours. We broke for lunch at noon and headed over to Stacy, John's sister's house. She was in the program last year and lives just down the street from where we are all building. After we ate, I decided that my body needed a break. My good tennis shoes are in storage (I wore flip flops every day this summer) so I had to wear my Chucks and my feet were KILLING me by noon! My back was hurting and I was just all out tired. I'm 35 freaking weeks pregnant...give me a break people!!!! John went back to work and I stayed at Stacy's house. The kids wanted to watch a movie and I totally crashed on the couch. At 4, I decided it was time to go back and finish what I thought was going to be another 3 hours of work. When I got back, John told me that the generator had been rented and had to be back to the place by 5 so we were just going to end for the day then, instead of at 7. While I was gone, they had almost got the entire sub floor finished. I was really impressed. I didn't think to take any pictures, because it's not our house, but I really should from now on...it's the experience, right? After we put all the tools away for the day, we went back to Stacy's to put together our wheel barrow....oh funny story here...So there's this family in our group who shall not be named...because I don't want to be a complete jerk. But for lack of a better term, they are kinda....der-duh-der, as me and John would say ha ha. It took them 2 and a half hours to put their wheel barrow together!!! John couldn't believe it, so when we got to Stacy's, I told John I was going to time him to see how long it took him to put it together...23 minutes later, he was wheeling Katelyn around the front yard in it lol. He's such a stinker and good at EVERYTHING!!! Anyhoo, after putting the wheel barrow together, we had taco's and corn on the cob for dinner...yum! Then it was time to come home!!! We showered and hit the hay...well John did. He was out by 9 but my pregnant body doesn't like me to sleep so what am I doing? Blogging of course ha ha. I'm about to the point where I can't keep my eyes open anymore...but I have to give a tiny update on baby Carter. I have my ultrasound on Tuesday at 1:30 and we'll find out what's going on with his size and if they're going to move up my due date...I really hope they do! He's getting mean in there ha ha. Really, I just can't wait to get him here and if he's ready, let's get him here sooner :D Goodnight world!

No comments:

Post a Comment