One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Monday, October 11, 2010

Get this baby outta me!

Alright...everyone knows what's going on with the baby. He's just measuring really big and I've had 2 ultrasounds in the past 2 weeks and have another one scheduled for Monday. If I don't have him before then, (Please pray that I do) then my doctor is going to look at the ultrasound and determine if he wants to induce me on the 21st. I really don't want to be induced. I really want him to come, but I don't think that sounds fun. My sister's water broke and she had to be induced and because it was her first one, she was in labor for 21 hours!!!! She wasn't progressing and they talked about doing a c-section, but then she finally started dilating so she was able to have him natural. I just don't think that sounds fun AT ALL!!! I think I'd much rather go into labor on my own. I just hope it happens soon. And yes, we've tried all the "do it yourself" remedies and none of them have worked up to now. My sister told me about this pressure point in your foot that you can hit to induce labor...I'm going to look into that one. Today I freaked out and started crying to John. I don't want everyone to think I'm just impatient. I realize he isn't due until the end of the month but with all the doctors and nurses freaking out because of his size, it's really gotten me on edge. I don't want to have any problems. And I know he's going to come when he's good and ready...I get that people, I really do...but I kinda just feel like no one understands what I'm going through or how I'm feeling. Maybe I'm just overreacting...maybe it's just my pregnant girl emotions, but I feel justified in my freak out so deal with it ;) If you're reading this, when you kneel down tonight, please remember Jessica in your prayers. Ha ha, I'm not even joking. Just pray that everything will be ok. I don't need you to pray that he'll come right now, just pray that everything will happen the way it's supposed to with minor problems or complications. Thanks for reading :D

4 comments:

  1. Don't Worry Jessica it will all work out. You'll be in my prayers!! Good luck and let me know when he does come!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I'm not due for 4 more weeks and I'm ready for our baby to get here too. I probably am just being impatient, but I think you are totally justified!!! Our baby's head is measuring 3 weeks ahead, so she might get to come early, but I have to wait till Thursday to find out. I hope everything goes well and that little Carter decides to come soon and that it's easy on mom and baby! There are lots of people thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! If he wasn't so big, I'd say let him come whenever, but I'm really starting to get nervous that I'm going to have to try and deliver a 9 and a half pound baby naturally and that definitely scares me. Thanks for your support :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I found your blog very cute! We have a lot in common. we should get together and hang out. Good luck with the baby Josh told me that you were supposed to be induced this week. If it makes you feel any better I have had 3 c-sections and they really aren't that bad so if it comes down to that you will be ok! Let us know when you have the baby so i can come see the little guy. good luck!

    ReplyDelete