One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Monday, October 18, 2010

It's been a while...


OK, so I guess it's been a bit since I've blogged and I feel like nothing has happened that is "blog-worthy" but I guess that's not true. Last week I had the entire week off work because the kids had Parent-Teacher Conference and UEA. That would have been the PERFECT time for me to have a baby, right?! Ha, that's what all my co-workers thought and then when I came to work today they were all like "you STILL haven't had that baby?" Nope, story of my life, folks! I haven't really told anyone other than my family because I'm too dang embarrassed but we ended up at the hospital AGAIN early Saturday morning. I was having pretty bad contractions from about 10 PM-2 AM. I kept trying to just ignore them and fall asleep but I just couldn't do it. They were really hurting so I got up and tried moving around to see if they'd stop...nope, they just got worse. By 2 AM, I was having them every 3 or 4 minutes and they HURT! I woke John up after much debate in my head. I knew he had to wake up at 6 the next morning to go out and work on the house (which I fully intended on helping him with before this all started). I told him I was pretty sure this was it...I had to call my sister, Crystal, of course because that's just how we are. She was out of town for her anniversary with her husband but told me to call her no matter what, so I did. She told me she thought I should go, so that's what we did. Went up to the hospital, did the normal drill, peed in a cup, blood pressure, monitors, got checked etc. When they checked me, I was dilated to a 2 so she let me labor for about 2 hours. I was still having contractions about every 3 or 4 minutes and they were pretty painful. I just had to breathe through them but when she came back in to check me...still a 2. I was really upset, to say the least. I was hoping that this was it. Needless to say, I felt HORRIBLE for waking John up for nothing. She let me labor for another hour because she could see how frustrated I was, but my body just wasn't having it....so she sent me home. We got home about 5:30...with John having to wake up in about a half hour to go work on the house. We decided that he needed a bit more sleep so he went out around 8 instead and I just stayed home, hoping I'd start contracting again...but it just didn't happen. CARTER, you little stinker!

Yesterday was our friend, Jaron's, homecoming speech. He did such an awesome job! He went to Seattle. We missed him terribly but are really glad to have him home! We are really close to his entire family and it was great to spend the day with them. After his talk, we went up to their house for lunch. After lunch, the boys all played scatterball while I just watched ha ha. They kept telling me to play but it's a game where you have to sit down and stand up A LOT and I just can't do it fast enough. It would take me 5 minutes to stand up and the game would already be over ha ha. It was really fun watching them though. I love watching John play sports of any kind, he's so good! It was a really good day :D

Oh yeah....I guess I forgot to talk about Friday...well, John and I just spent the day together running errands. I absolutely LOVE spending time with him, no matter what we're doing. We went out to Lowe's to get some plywood for his nephew's Christmas present. We draw names and this year his sister had the brilliant idea that we should all MAKE our gifts...yeah, great idea :/ But John, being...well, John...thought of the AWESOME idea to get one of those 3-D, wooden dinosaur skeletons and trace the little pieces, blow up the pictures, and then cut out bigger pieces and put it all together, making a big dinosaur. If that makes any sense at all ha ha. But here are a couple of pictures I took of him working on it on Friday night :)


He was getting the sawdust out of his hair ha ha


Cutting out one of the pieces

And I guess I haven't posted any recent pictures of the pregnant belly, so here I am on Saturday...38 weeks! I wasn't feeling well this day so excuse my sick-looking-ness ha ha.

Well...I guess that's all I have for now. I have my appointment tomorrow and after my doc looks at the ultrasound, he'll most likely give me the OK to be induced on Thursday. That makes me oh so very very happy! I just hope that's still the plan! As always, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment