One Day At a Time

One Day At a Time
Allen Family: Est. November 16, 2007

Monday, October 4, 2010

Pointless appointment and finished nursery!

So I told everyone I would update today after I had my appointment. Well, I'm sad to say that I don't have much to report :( I went in, not really knowing what to expect. I went to the Mammography and Women's Imaging Center at 11 AM and checked in. Once they called me back, I went into an ultrasound room and was asked to "show my tummy". So I laid down and the tech just started performing an ultrasound EXACTLY like the one I had on Tuesday of last week. Measured his head, abdomen, etc. She even admitted that she wasn't sure why I was there if I had just had an ultrasound less than a week ago but she proceeded on anyway. Everything looks great! Carter is still right around the same weight...this time he's measuring 7 pounds 8 ounces (1 ounce less than last week). The lady told me that he could literally come any day now. I guess that was good news? Yes, I'm definitely excited about that. Then another doctor came in, just to go over a couple things I guess. He told me that, yes, I could have him within the next couple days, but I could also go til my due date, but not to worry if I do. He should only be about 8 and a half or 9 pounds, even if I go til the end of the month. He said not to worry about having a 10 or 11 pound baby. As long as I'm eating right and taking care of myself, he shouldn't get too big. That was about the extent of my visit...I didn't even see MY doctor which I was a little upset about. I haven't seen him since the middle of September and I have a lot of questions for him. I have one with him on Monday...we'll see if I even make it that long. Anyway, after my appointment, I went to the store to get a few things that I still needed. I realized I didn't have a baby book yet and I definitely want to record every feeling and memory that we have throughout the entire pregnancy and labor so I got a great one at KMart for 13 bucks that goes all the way to his 5th birthday! I also wanted to get a diaper tent but couldn't find one :( Guess I may have to find one at Babies-R-Us. KMart was also having a huge sale on all their summer clothes so I got a few things that Carter could wear next summer for 2 bucks a piece (can't beat that) and I got me some shorts that I can sleep in and be a little more comfortable...NOTHING fits anymore and it makes sleeping that much more difficult!

As most of you know, we are currently living with my in-laws while we are building our house. They were kind enough to make arrangements for us to have a bedroom for Carter and all of his stuff. Over the weekend, we were able to get it all put together and here are a few of my favorite shots...
His crib and bedding all put together! John is so sweet! He put the crib together on his birthday! I'm really excited with what it looks like all put together!


Changing table area and cute decorations in the window!


And this, ladies and gents, is the BEAUTIFUL dresser that John refurbished for Carter! It's so gorgeous and I'm thrilled with the results! I really wish I would have taken a "before" picture of this dresser! It was a big mess and I'm sure most people would have just gotten rid of it, but my wonderful husband made it into something amazing for our child! I could not ask for a better husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment